As a man struggling to subdue my sinful nature married to a wife in the same struggle, seeking to raise 2 boys who have somehow managed to learn how sin (shocking isn’t it?) I found this post over at The Resurgence, Raising Obedient Children, helpful. The points they cover are:
1. We are confident in our God-given parental authority.
2. We never count to three.
3. We model it ourselves to authority figures in our lives.
4. We try not to exasperate our children (Ephesians 6:4).
5. We use appropriate forms of punishment.
6. We are convinced that it really is worth the effort.