I love technology stuffs. Life is a lot simpler because smartphones exist. It’s part of the world we live in. However, many are ruled by their devices and not ruling their devices. Recently, Tony Reinke (who has a forthcoming book on 12 Ways Your Smartphone Is Changing You) gave these 5 tweets on smartphone tips he finds helpful (and they helped me, so I’m trying to help you).
- Remember smartphones boost productivity, and too much smartphone time kills it. Find your sweet spot on the bell curve (and stay there).
- Disable all non-essential push notifications. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email. You can check in when it’s convenient.
- Delete apps for everything you can do faster and easier from your computer. For fun, disable email on your phone for one week.
- At your computer, batch-check social media (like with email). Try not to swan dive into a stream-based social media site alone.
- Master of your phone’s “Do Not Disturb” features. Set quiet hours from between 1hr before bed and through the end of your morning devos.
Hope these prove helpful as you navigate your mastering of your devices.