Here’s an email I sent out to Elders and Deacons at Crestview based on a DVD series we’re watching entitled Dangerous Calling with Paul Tripp:
We’re coming off the heels of our meeting on August 13 (reminder, if you missed the meeting, the videos and handouts are available from Bob G). These 2 sessions really got after how much we live for ourselves and fail to be the ambassadors which we’ve been called to be. There were lots of areas of application and Tripp put his finger on that one of personal worship before God.
Here’s some key points from Session 7:
· Through ministry we can build God’s glorious Kingdom or we can attempt to build our own glorious kingdom.
· The DNA of sin is selfishness.
· Your actual position in ministry is God’s ambassador; as such, we are called to incarnate the King.
And some points from Session 8:
· We must continually be reconciled to God.
· Ministry is only made effective, safe and attractive when it is fueled by our own devotional life.