We enjoyed a great Lord’s Day at Crestview yesterday. For all women present, they were able to receive this print from Type Tree Designs:
My 5/8/16AM sermon, Savior of the World from John 4:1-42, dealt with Jesus’ interaction with the woman at the well in Samaria. It’s an amazing story of God’s relentless love pursuing people and surely demonstrates that Jesus is the Savior of the world. I hope you’re helped by it and it helps you exalt Jesus (and I hope the moms in your life were encouraged too).
I love the connection that Danny Akin makes, glorying in how the Father sent His Son as the world’s Savior. In 1 John, we see many things the Father has accomplished by His Son.
In the Son the Father…
- revealed the word of life (1 John 1:1)
- brought eternal life (1 John 1:2)
- cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7)
- gave us an advocate (1 John 2:1)
- propitiates our sin (1 John 2:2; 1 John 4:10)
- gives us an example to follow (1 John 2:6)
- sent the Messiah (1 John 2:22-23)
- makes possible the new birth (1 John 2:29)
- sent the righteous and sinless One (1 John 2:29; 1 John 3:4)
- takes away our sin (1 John 3:5)
- destroys the work of the Devil (1 John 3:8)
- sacrificed His Son (1 John 3:16)
- gives us life (1 John 4:9)
As you think about Thanksgiving this week and anticipate our time in the word this coming Lord’s Day (1 John 4:13-16), why not praise the Father for what He’s accomplished by His Son.