I also found this post by Zach Nielsen helpful…
He’s asked by a young married guy with kids how he organizes his life.
1. As you do, I have a rockstar, off the chart, amazing wife.
2. We don’t watch much T.V.
3. We are very intentional about doing things WITH the kids.
4. One of the things we have learned from another family is the idea of “special dates” with the kids individually.
5. Your stage is really hard. Having a toddler and a new baby is very physically demanding.
6. As our kids get older, I’m sure we’ll limit their activities.
7. In the end, I think you just sort of get used to the chaos.
8. There certainly are times when we feel like we are losing it.
9. I think your feelings of “insanity” are somewhat relative (which isn’t to dismiss them).
Read the entire post for elaboration.