Today was the final day of camp. We got up early, loaded up the vans, (I drank lots of coffee), grabbed some breakfast, and went to morning celebration decked out in our silver, for the final day with our mission site coordinator. Good time there. Billy and Cindy took us out with Knees Are Bowing. We were dismissed and got on the road, arriving back in Hutch around 3PM. We had an uneventful ride home, for which we thank God.
So, what things emerged to me this week?
1) I was encouraged to be bold in preaching through Neil’s solid leadership.
2) I was exhorted to God-centeredness in the song portion of our services through Billy Foote’s amazing music.
3) I was challenged to serve by Student Life’s staff, as they willingly decreased so that our group could increase. I’m praising God for them.
4) I was warmed through good Christian fellowship with old friends and new. My good friend Dale Baker was there and I was able to meet some new friends in youth ministry and on Student Life’s staff. Furthermore, our group was excellent in discussing the gatherings and reviewing what stood out.
5) I was excited to see God’s Word produce fruit again. While there were many tools God used, if God hadn’t moved by His Spirit, it would have been and empty and futile gathering. God’s Word was lifted up and produced fruit.
I am looking forward to another year of camp next year and am prayerfully considering what God would have us do.