Pretty good post over on GirlTalk about 10 Ideas to Help Children Fight Greed at Christmastime. What’s the big deal? Well, greed is something that is easily stoked, especially at a time when we ask (and are asked) “What do you want (for Christmas)?” So, these are helpful tips:
1) Be intentional.
2) Talk a lot.
3) Make Christmas memories.
4) Make Christmas giving lists.
5) Read Christmas giving stories.
6) Give to people in need.
7) Give the gift of experience.
8) Minimize temptation.
9) Develop a gift opening strategy.
10) Cultivate Christ-like character.
I commend the entire article and hope it helps you serve your children and their hearts this holiday season.